Thursday, December 06, 2012

Sacramento Randoms

So I didn’t just go to Sacramento and run the marathon.  We also did a bit of shopping.  Recently I learned that my favorite (and Matt’s) running shoes, the Brooks Launch are to be discontinued.  You better believe I snatched up an extra pair of those babies; might even buy another one online in a month or two.  We also discovered the Merrell outlet store in Folsom.  Then we discovered we left our wallets in the hotel, 30 miles away.  We returned the next day to reclaim our bounty.  Santa is going to be extra nice to us this year.

We finally purchased a chaise for our computer room.  Now I don’t have to prop myself up awkwardly in the desk chair while I watch TV shows online.  Zoey is a big fan of it too.
Right now,  it is being used as a quilting station.
You didn’t think I’d go to the city and skip the Dairy Queen, did you?  Since there wasn’t one within reasonable driving distance, we only went once, but we each got our own blizzard. 

You’ll also notice that it was sunny and beautiful on Monday, just one day after the marathon.  It was also like this for Green Bay too.  Last night, I was at a party with the race director of my next marathon.  I told her to prepare for a flood because I bring bad weather to my goal marathons.  She told me I'm not allowed to run the race. haha.
Now I’ve saved the best part for last.  What is better than Dairy Queen, you ask?  Finally meeting my racing buddy, Megan.  Usually I tie myself into a big knot of anxiety when I meet someone for the first time, but I felt like I already knew her from her blog.  We spent a few meals together with our runner entourages and chatted about all things runner.  Megan, her husband John, and father-in-law, Vince had so many fun runner stories and experiences that it was the perfect amount of enthusiasm the night before a big race.  We also chatted about how the race went at lunch on Sunday.  It rocked.  If you ever get the chance to meet the fabulous (and fast!) Megan, you definitely should.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Oh how I love my Merrell lightweight hikers. And my sandals. I would go crazy in that outlet.

meghan said...

Hey Karen! Thanks for your comment about my marathon and speed training. I didn't know your email so wanted to comment back this way. When you do mile or 800 repeats how do you do those? And for my goal time, I appreciate your perspective. I think you'd be right that it would be a major bummer to be disappointed in a time when I should just be proud to be finishing my first full. I have such a hard time not tying a goal time to something. But I think you're probably right. Thank you. And congrats on your race at CIM. That picture looks crazy, and I heard from other runners that it was quite the mess.

Scott said...

"So I didn't just go to Sacramento and run the marathon." Love the attitude. Your outlook and perspective maybe the best tool in your training arsenal. Good score at DQ!

Paulette said...

I said the same thing on Monday - we left early for work (around marathon bus time) and I said, well wouldn't this have been a perfect day for a race...oh well!

MegG said...

You make me smile :-) Was just writing about you in a post and realized I haven't caught up on all of your posts recently! Can't wait to see everything you accomplish in 2013, we will definitely meet up again, and next time the weather will smile on us!