From the information he gathered, he came up with a forecast: "There's going to be a period of heavy rain, either from 4-7am or 7-10am", he explained, "The models say 4-7am right now. Hopefully that is right."
Our final run before CIM was wonderful. We managed to run during one day's few dry spells. We ran along in shorts and t-shirts. "Ain't you all cold?" someone asked as we passed. "Nope." It was warmer and drier than it is at home, actually. It felt amazing. During those three perfect miles, the forecast and upcoming race filled my head. Instead of dwelling on the struggles I can't control, I thought something else, perhaps what will be my race mantra, "Bring it on, Mother Nature."
I'm finally getting excited about this race. Bring it on Mother Nature, I'm ready for you.
2 comments:
Good luck!
Here's hoping his model is correct :) Regardless, I'm confident that you will shine!
Looking forward to screaming at you! I mean, cheering you on ;-)
Sending you my best wishes for an awesome race experience :)
Post a Comment