Normally, I don't run with an iPod. I usually have one or more running buddies to talk to instead. On the rare occasion that I am running solo at about mid-day (I don't take music if I run alone after 8pm), my trusty iPod in it's pink crochet sweater, comes along for the ride. Today, I did.
I felt really tech-ed out. Garmin Forerunner watch on right wrist, iPod shuffle in the other hand. I was ready to go. Music usually pushes me to run faster, gives me a little adrenaline boost, really. I was flying. As I cruised down CST Rd, Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer was ringing through my headphones. At the exact moment that "we're halfway there", I glanced down at my watch and 1.50 miles was staring back at me. HALFWAY on my 3 mile run. Exactly halfway. WEIRD. :) 3 miles, sub 9:00/mi. Sunny. No smoke. I was in heaven. :) ...if only for a mere 26 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment