Sunday: Run 5 mi. on Little Angel Creek trail. Sunny and 5F. First day above zero!!
Monday: Run 8.75 mi. Sunny, -15F.
Tuesday: Overnight flight home and some napping...okay, lots of napping. And somehow Matt and I scored a row on the plane all to ourselves so we were able to stretch and sleep well on all the flights. I think that's what saved us from getting sick as we usually do.
Wednesday: Run 5 mi. Core, legs, butt.
I did this run to feel out my fatigue level. It was sunny 65F and awesome. The effort matched the pace so I decided to continue the week as scheduled.
Thursday: Run 7 mi. 4x1600m, 400m recovery. warmup and cool mile each. I wasn't feeling this run from the start. The first one lacked focus, but I managed to rally near the goal (7:10) for the remaining ones.
Friday: Run 17. Core, legs, butt. Sunny and beautiful run. It started out a little sluggish for both Matt and I, but we ended up finishing stronger than expected. It was planned to be an 18 miler, but somehow I took a wrong turn and cut a mile off from the original plan.
Saturday: Rest day!
TOTAL MILES: 42.75 (all running)
Notes: The first part of the week was in Fairbanks. My energy levels began to wane on Monday's run (I also forgot how much harder it is to run with more layers and through a face mask). I will be writing more about those runs individually soon. As for the rest of the week, it was pretty exhausting and uneventful, so the details here are as far as I'll elaborate.
I was pleased with the results of this week. I thought I'd require much more of a relaxed week.
The Alaska posts will resume tomorrow, I'm really enjoying writing about it. :)



2 comments:
I'm new here... are the 'Core, Legs, Butt" notes on what was engaged by running, or do you do extra exercises during the run for strengthening (hard to imagine on 17 miles!)?
Yes, it is strengthening, body weight stuff mostly. Sorry, you're right, that is confusing. I'll change it up for next week.
Post a Comment