Am I really considering running a third marathon before winter?
http://www.railstotrailsrace.com/
It's only an hour from my doctors, whom I have to visit for the final time, in November. It just seems too good to pass up. The course is mostly flat, on an old railroad bed--the very same place Matt and I honeymooned. I used to spend summers camping and biking here too, as a child. Seems perfect. Also, what better way to celebrate 5 years of remission than gallons of lactic acid built up in my legs? If I can figure it out logistically, it's all mine. That means the Equinox will become more of a training run and less of a "I have to run hard so I get a respectable time and don't embarrass myself" race.
Do you think I'm nuts? I'll be ready to take it easier for the winter. Less miles at -40F always sounds good. :)
3 comments:
You are only nuts if you don't dress right. But, living in Alaska, I'm am sure you can figure that one out. I might even involve your trusty scarf :). I personally prefer winter marathons to summer ones.
Beautiful blog, by the way. I am glad you came over and commented on mine. I also LOVE that Gregory Wasatch backpack you got as your birthday gift. I use it almost evey day.
Oops I meant "it might even involve" :)
It was mostly about the three marathons in one year thing. Just last year, I ran my first and vowed never to do it again.
Tried out the Gregory Dipsea today and it rocked. Plus it's pretty.
Post a Comment