Saturday, June 05, 2010

Midnight Sun

Summertime in Alaska means an extra boost of daylight hours. Right now, it doesn't get dark anymore, and won't until the end of July. It's kind of weird to see people out and about after midnight. Kids playing in the yards is the the weirdest part. It has been difficult for me to sleep ever since I got back from my Lower 48 trip. The blinds aren't doing a good enough job. I wake up at about 5:00 every morning, realize what time it is, and force myself back to sleep.

Long daylight hours allow for late night disc golf. Matt worked an afternoon shift one evening and when he was finished with work, we played some 11pm disc golf :



This is about as dark as it gets these days. Broad daylight.


This morning we decided to do some speed training. Again, it wasn't dark. 4:45am and it was completely light outside :


Still needed lots of coffee and a nap afterward, but darkness. A total non-issue. I wish I could bottle up some of this 10pm-4am daylight and save it for winter. That'd be really great.

No comments: