We left at 8am and enjoyed a gorgeous three hour drive to Anchorage. Everything that was shrouded in clouds on the drive there was now visible. Glorious snow-capped peaks reflected in the many lakes lining the road. On a mile to awesome view ratio, the Seward Hwy is, by far, the highest in all of Alaska.
The best part about these photos is that they were all taken at different places, on different lakes.
We stopped in Anchorage for a few big city errands. I got a new case to replace the 35mm one (which is older than I am!). We also had lunch at Pt Worozorof and enjoyed views of Cook Inlet and the city skyline. The buildings sparkled like jewels in the midday sun. It was so mesmerizing that I forgot why I'd never want to live there. It seemed great! Then I realized, it was the first of fifteen total days that I had spent in Anchorage that it was sunny. On the way out of town, I was brought back to reality (and disliking the city) when I was nearly sideswiped by an ENORMOUS RV toting a Suburban. I think you should need a special license to drive an RV that size, who's with me?
We stopped for the requisite Blizzard at DQ and headed up the 249 mi to Fairbanks. Home at last. Thanks South Central AK for a great trip!!
No comments:
Post a Comment