It was a busy day. Somehow, I managed to get up early, shampoo the carpets, and do a load of laundry...all before 11am. All without coffee.
Carpet cleaning went easier than I thought it would, never having done it before. It's almost as easy as vacuuming. An hour after I began, my apartment was a sweltering tropical land of humidity. I hastily shoved the windows open and turned on my only fan. Then I hit the lemonade. It is still too humid for me to sleep. I'm writing this post at 11:30pm, a full two hours after I went to bed. (Matt goes to bed at 9pm when he has to work at 6am, so I go with him and usually fall asleep.) Maybe it was the nap I took. *shrug*
I've got a few exciting things to report :
1. I'm officially going to Germany in September. Matt and I bought plane tickets this morning and we will be meeting Chris in Munich.
2. Even though my legs were aching the entire time and I was constantly on the verge of losing my balance, I ran a six mile trail run today. My legs are finally recovered from the Angel Rocks run. There's still residual tightness, but I am able to walk at a brisk pace again.
3. Summertime is great for us saving money. It's strange, because Matt and I spend most of the summer on trips. The only difference is that our trips in the summer take us to remote areas, with no opportunity to spend money. We usually buy food and gas, and that. is. all. During the other seasons, we stay in town, go shopping, out to dinner...that all adds up fast. I'm happy to announce that, once we relocate, we have a down payment ready for a home.
Speaking of trips, our next adventure begins on Wednesday. We are car camping our way to Seward, and hopefully meeting dry weather there. We have several day hikes planned, so the trip promises to be active and scenic. I'm looking forward to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment