Sunday, June 27, 2010

16 mile day

Somehow I committed myself to running twice yesterday : the 7.2 mi Spruce Tree Classic with B. and O. and a 9 mi training run with the husband. My new running buddies, B. and O., usually run quite a bit slower than me, so I thought I could pull it off. They ran considerably faster than I expected and I was more tired than I should have been after such a slow time, 1:16. We did get lost when we took a wrong turn, but that's beside the point. :)

My later run was with Matt a few hours later. The weather was nice and windy. A giant thundercloud loomed overhead, but we never got wet. A downpour began just minutes after we were safely inside. I love when that happens. It was a little slower than my 1/2mar goal pace, but considering the trail run that morning, goal pace should be easier when I'm not already 7 miles tired. My goal? I intend to break 2:00. My current PR is 2:01 and my previous 2:02, the 2:00 really is near, but I haven't broken it yet. I feel this is my year to just KILL IT. Pray to the running gods to keep me uninjured through training and I'll be fine.

After a 12 hr sleep (broken up a little bit when I had to convince myself at 3am, 5am, and 7am that it was too early to get up, go back to sleep!), and a two hour nap...I think I'm ready for the day.

No comments: