Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Two Things Tuesday

I don’t usually enter giveaways, but I won one from Happy Mother Runner. Of all the blogs I follow, Amanda is the only person I have met in real life. In fact, we went to high school together. We recently reconnected over common ground: running. Check out her blog. BTW, this bra is awesome! Totally unlike anything I would think to buy for myself, as it is much lighter than my usual bras.
Pretty intense difference in my shoulder muscles. Can you tell which one is my gimpy arm?

Here’s my running board. Notice that I finally have the spring training schedule up. Now I don’t have an excuse for running 4+ days in a row without noticing. Apparently old habits die hard and this is how it has to be: printed out and up on the wall.

A closeup of my training plan. Matt and I sit down at the beginning of each year or training cycle and build a new one. We fit in races and vacations, adjusting mileage according to our schedules. If I were to train for a race without one, I'd DEFINITELY over-train by running every single day, cuz I'm smart like that .

I don't think I've ever completed any of my training schedules as prescribed. They always change as we go along, but I really like to see how I build and keep on going. You remember last year's disastrous long run idea of 12-16-20 for five months straight, right? Yup, need to see the big picture before I start out or there I will definitely be burnout.

3 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Yay for winning a give away! I never win anything so that is pretty cool! (plus hot pink is an awesome color for a sports bra ; )

Love your running board, we have something like that in our room too and it's so good for me because I'm a really visual person so it keeps me motivated and also helps me stay on top of my training. : )

Amanda @ HappyMotherRunner said...

I am so happy you like it and that you won :) I feel very blessed to have reconnected over running. You have been amazing!

Jill said...

I LOVE that bra, what an absolute fun color and it looks fantastic on you :).

Your bulletin board is a great idea, I think it's great you have everything you need for your training all in one spot for a quick reference when you need it. I waste too much time opening up charts on my laptop or trying to find my notebook, that I can never find!