Sunday, January 01, 2012

To 2012,

2012. The passing from one year to the next has never really prompted me to make resolutions. One day, one second different won't change my life. I see how it makes some people feel they can start fresh, but it never has held any magical motivation powers for me.

However, for 2012, I hold a few hopes for myself:


1. Boston Qualify, or die trying. Under 3:35. I'm going to give myself two to three road marathons to try this: One in May, August, and maybe October or November.

2. Don't over-train. Don't over-train. I've never lacked motivation to run. If anything, I get too caught up in reaching my goal that I overdo it. My over-training is almost always paired with an angry IT band.

3. Complete as much of the race series as I can. I really don't run enough of the free club races, and getting a tempo run in with others sounds like more fun than going it alone. :)

4. Mileage? Naaaah, in keeping with #2, I really hesitate to try and hit a certain number. I can probably attain any number I set forth, but the question is, at what cost?

Basically, I want to continue making progress, in both my enjoyment in running and my speed. Keep on, keepin' on, right?

3 comments:

bobbi said...

Sounds perfect! :)

Ewa said...

OK, that answers my question from the previous post.
BQ would be awesome and I for one am sure you can do it. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Amanda @ HappyMotherRunner said...

You will qualify :)
I never felt like New Years meant anything until I had to start my mile count from scratch...LOL! It was also the first time I actually made resolutions :)