Monday, January 02, 2012

MRP Run

The last couple of weeks have been light on the miles, averaging about 30 mi a week. This was mostly Matt's idea, but partly because we had a non-runner visiting us. This week, however, will be a doozie ending up with 50 miles and two faster days.

I had the MRP run today:

The MRP (marathon race pace) I was aiming for was 8:12/mi. A little bit too fast, but it felt great. 1.5 mi of the MRP part was with a 20 mph wind, the second half was into the wind. Luckily I had my "Super Husband Shield" to block some of it, but since this pace just feels slow to him, he has trouble keeping it even so he ran too fast and left me facing the wind anyways. Just in case you were wondering, a summer sausage omelet isn't a great running fuel. More carbs next time, plz. haha.

Tomorrow is the long run. Since we're simultaneously training for Susitna AND our spring marathons, we're headed out for 25 trail miles. We have two more 25+, the longest of which will be in the Michigan winter to hopefully give us a revision course in layering properly.

Later in the week will be some sort of tempo run. I've never done two fast pace runs in one week, so we shall see how it goes. :)

3 comments:

bobbi said...

Can't wait to watch you BQ this year - you are running so strong :)

Mary said...

you are amazing!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Good luck on a 25+ mile train run tomorrow - I can't even imagine!