Monday, August 06, 2012

MRP #2


Despite my lack of energy this week, I was feeling well enough on Monday to get in a MRP run.  The sun was out, a slight breeze blew just hard enough that it cancelled out the humidity.  It was a perfect weather day in an otherwise drizzle and clouded July here on the coast. 
Matt and I ran at the Marsh, on the same trails as the 5K I ran here on July 4.  I remembered what that day had felt like and chatted with Matt about my frustrations that day as we reached particular points along the way.  It wasn't until he pointed it out during my second MRP mile that I was able to hold a conversation without much trouble.  Despite my new MRP being faster than the Green Bay training, it seemed to be off to a wonderful start.  And this MRP run was much more successful.  My splits were more evenly paced and it felt good.  I may have been successful only because this route is pancake flat, whereas my usual MRP route has several rolling hills along the way.  Who cares, this day was a win for me.

Goal 8:00/mi.
Warmup mile and 4 MRP miles:

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay! Sounds like maybe you're feeling better? I hope so!