Sunday, June 03, 2012

Forgiveness

Running past the perfectly manicured lawns of West Green Bay, I couldn’t believe how different today felt from marathon morning. The skies were overcast, a light wind blew, and the temperature was absolutely perfect. It almost felt like the town was trying to win me back. The day after a short speed workout leaves me feeling energized and this day was no exception. Although I planned on an easy day, I let myself go at whatever comfortable pace my feet wanted.

My knobby trail shoes made it feel a little bit like running in cleats. The ride was definitely not as smooth as my road shoes. It also felt like I with the curved edge of the heel, I was mid-striking even more than I usually do on the road, despite a larger heel-toe drop than my road shoes. This entire run felt so fluid and natural, one of those days where running equals love. No aches, no fatigues, no nasty weather. It was just perfect. Marathon weekend notwithstanding, June is one fine month to run in the Upper Midwest. Matt is due to arrive this morning, so I’ll get my running buddy back. If he’s not too wrecked, we’re going to do a long trail run at the Cofrin Arboretum at UWGB. I think this is my favorite place in all of Green Bay.

No comments: