(November 11, 2011)
Our last morning in Yosemite was wet. Checking out of our unheated cabin in Curry Village in the rain meant one thing : A REST DAY! I refused to hike in the rain and then drive four hours to Sacramento all soggy. That's just the way I felt.
Matt and I met with Neal for dinner. We have been friends for the longest time. Like since he was born. He's three years younger than me, so that means we've know each other for TWENTY FOUR YEARS. Since I'm only 27, that is a really long time. Other than Neal, the only people I have kept in touch with that long share my DNA.
I rarely get to see my childhood friends, and when I do, I'm always surprised how strong the connection still is. These friends knew me when I was still discovering who Me was. That type of bond is so different than those I form in adulthood.
Matt and I returned to the hotel for a soak in the hot tub. It was amazing! I really missed soaking in ours at home while we were hiking ourselves silly this week.
Weekly mileage : 60.2 still.
No comments:
Post a Comment