Monday, November 14, 2011

Golden Trees and the Golden Gate

(journal entry from : Friday, November 4, 2011.)

Matt and I were up early. We decided that if we were ready and out the door by the time we set for ourselves, we would go out to breakfast at our favorite restaurant. If not, we would eat at home. When we realized that we missed the cutoff by two minutes, Matt asked, "Should we punish ourselves with a McDonald's breakfast?" "No, we can go on as planned," I said, "I'd still be asleep right now, so we'll consider this a victory."



The sun came up while we enjoyed our omelets. A perfectly clear day. When we drove south, we were surprised to see fog roll in and eventually it reduced visibility to a hundred yards. The Redwoods in fog in my favorite thing about living here. The Eel Riverbanks were gorgeous with fall color. Until today, I'd seen no signs of fall color yet. We don't have a lot of leaves up here. I love fall. :)




I caught a nap while Matt drove. I awoke somewhere near Santa Rosa, about four hours into the drive. Sleeping is pretty much the only way I don't get carsick on the windy highways around here. Vineyards were alive with golden yellows, vibrant oranges, and deep crimson hues.

Matt and I also did some shopping in San Francisco. Our favorite outdoor shopping store is Sports Basement. We had a few things to buy for our Lil Su adventure and pick up some shoes to tide us over until our next trip to the Bay Area (probably not again until next summer).

We changed into our running clothes in the parking lot. We decided to run on the Golden Gate Bridge. The winds were about as calm as they can get, so we thought it would be nice to go today. The sun began to set, casting a soft glow over the tall buildings of the city, Alcatraz, and the bridge to Oakland. A great run. Lots of photos, so it wasn't too fast, but what sightseeing run would be?



LET'S RACE!!!



Have you ever changed into your running clothes in a strange place?

I swear, I'm an expert at changing in the car. The awkward years of changing for P.E. in middle school, I'm really awesome at putting on a sport bra over my regular bra and then pulling out the regular one without any boob exposure whatsoever.

2 comments:

Amanda @ HappyMotherRunner said...

haha! I remember those days of sports bra/regular bra swap.
Beautiful pictures and the run looked amazing!

k said...

I used to always change in the car in the parking lot before soccer games. To the casual observer, it probably was rather entertaining because you'd always see a handful of people changing in the car before each game!