That evening, Becki hosted an Easter Potluck overrun by grad students. I was one of two people who weren't her coworkers. It was a little awkward because I didn't know everyone... it was like I retreated back into my shell for awhile, hiding in the corner. After the dinner, there were egg races and games. I just sat and chatted with Austin. Our friendship is a bunch of goofiness sprinkled with a little bit of serious now and then, so it ended up being one of those nights where I went home with sore cheeks from laughing and smiling so hard. We spent the night watching as everyone got more and more drunk. As a general rule, I don't drink when I am training for something big because my body gets stressed out enough as is, so I just watched the debauchery with sober eyes.
The aurora was out last night and the previous night. Both times, Matt, Steve, and I went out into the hills and photographed it. Both nights were incredible. It was only green, but it danced across the sky. Usually, the dancing occurs over 15 seconds on my camera exposure...but this time it was moving wildly before my eyes. After I got home to bed, I closed my eyes, and green waves danced in my mind. Perfect way to fall asleep. :)


Today, Easter Sunday, Matt and I went to church. I woke up feeling sick and choked down waves of nausea as the incense perfumed the church. Typically, I like that smell...but it made me feel sick. I've been lounging weakly all day and haven't done much but watch TV. I cleaned the closet and washed some clothes. It's days like this that make me wish I had cable TV. I find it so hard to just sit still and not take care of things around the house. Maybe it would help me rest. I sit on the couch, and see the mess on the desk. I lounge in bed, and I see the mountain of laundry. I never feel totally caught up on things and on days I'm sick, I just sit and stare at them until I can no longer resist the urge to work. TAKE A NAP KAREN. Someone should come over and police me when I'm sick. Guhhh....
No comments:
Post a Comment