Let me first begin by mentioning that I do have a cell phone. One of those kinds that you put a phone card's worth of minutes on it and it lasts 6 months before expiring. I use it for emergencies--and never in public. I had 60 min on it in January, and have about 40 left. That's how rarely it gets used.
People who use their cell phone all the time drive me nuts. Today, I was in Value Village and there were two women next to me, one on each side. Both carried on long conversations with family members. One was yelling at her kid and telling him/her that they weren't getting any more money..blah blah blah. The other was asking a favor of someone at home. Get lunch in the oven or something. Anyways.. I think it's kinda hypocritical that people carry on and on on their cell phone (on speaker phone, too, so they can put the phone in the cart while they shop, demonstrated by lady bitching out her kid) in such a loud voice that half the store can hear. These are the same people who complain about the invasion of privacy in their lives. Excuse me? You just told everyone around you (in depth) about your doctor's visit and how the doc put something in some-such-crevice.
I've overheard everything from breakups to descriptions of bodily functions. When will this invasion of MY peace and quiet end?
The worst thing I had happen was a cashier at Walmart in Edmond answered her cellphone while I unloaded everything in my cart onto the belt. I decided that was enough of shopping there. I almost reported her to a manager, but I was in a hurry to get home.
And these are only the people who use them in the store. Drivers are tooooootally different.... and another rant altogether.
End rant.
No comments:
Post a Comment