Saturday, May 11, 2013

Last Week: May 5-11

Sunday: Avenue of the Giants Marathon.  Run 26.2 mi.

Monday:  Rest!  Massage and stretch.

Tuesday: Run 2 mi.  Stretch, A LOT.  Until this run, I wasn't sure if I had taken the race easy enough to run Green Bay too, but this felt really good so forward we go.

Wednesday:  Run 3.  First timed run since the marathon, moderate effort.

Thursday: Rest!
...and eat homemade danishes.

Friday:  Run 4, walk 1.  First 4 mi at 7:55/mi.  I started to feel tired just before the last mile and Matt's calves were cramping.  I didn't think it was important enough for our egos to finish out the last mile and undo our recovery, so we walked the last one.  We held hands and it was nice. :)  I had some cramping in my quads a few hours later, will be more aggressive with the stretching and foam rolling.

Saturday: Rest! 

TOTAL MILES: 36.2

Notes:  I can feel the recovery coming quickly and should be fine for Green Bay.  Next week I'll be working mostly on getting my head ready for the race.  Matt and I have been talking about a race plan and mental games a lot this week.  He thinks I should use the same race plan I had for the Avenue.  With the pancake flat course, it could work well.  Part of me wants to be conservative and just glue myself to the 3:35 pacer and maybe negative split if I've got more at the end instead of shooting for 3:30.

Do you have any suggestions?

3 comments:

Jill said...

I can't stick to any race plan anymore so I have no advice for you. I guess if you feel it, then go for it :).

I GB last year being so incredibly hot...hoping it's not the case this year for you! :)

Meghan said...

I love reading your posts, because they make me so motivated to get back in the game after the baby. Best of luck as you prepare for GB!!!

Abby said...

Your recovery week looks awesome. I am going to need to know more about those homemade danishes!