One hour, fourty five minutes.
That's the goal I have for Sunday's half marathon.
Goal #1 (great day with a little help from the heavens): tempo run pace, 7:52/mi (1:43.03)
Goal #2 : (the goal pace I will be starting off with) an 8:00/mi flat (1:44.47)
Goal #3 : a PR of at least one second, 8:04/mi (1:45.44)
Goal #4 : Everything goes wrong that can possibly go wrong 9:00/mi (1:56).
The course is flatter than Hammond Trail Half Marathon, I'm more rested and have done speed work. All signs point to a PR, BUT race day is a single day, and anything can go wrong.
My runs this week have been speedier than normal. I'm sure it has to do with the reduced mileage, but I'm thankful nonetheless.
1 comment:
You can totally do a 1:45. I remember doing that in your neck of the woods once (Humboldt half). Couldn't do it now without painful training.You are much faster than I was then.
Post a Comment