
We drove several hours through more farmland, and then re-entered the mountains. Today, we finally returned to fall. It’s kind of like watching the seasons rewind. It only took 1,900 miles to undo winter. Prince George has a really nice running path, which was a relief, since our hotel’s neighborhood was a bit sketchy. All the leaves still clung to the trees.


The trip is starting to wear me down. I didn’t really notice it until our run. A 9:00/mi pace felt pretty hard.

Matt and I opted to take advantage of the kitchenette in our room and cook dinner for ourselves. Until this point, all dinners were out. My stomach is sensitive to lots of salt and processed food, so it was also grateful for me to cook. We also decided that a full week is long enough to go in the same running clothes—especially when they are stuffed into a duffel—still damp—so it was laundry and dinner-in night. I’m so glad that our 8h+ driving days are over. It’s so much more relaxing with all our remaining days around 6h or less.
No comments:
Post a Comment